What are custom blocks?
Some of our themes have blocks with icons on the home page. These are custom blocks. They are static links to any pages you want. It could be a page on your main website or a category/section/article of your Help Center.
What can I change in a custom block?
Each block consists of:
- description (optional, depends on a theme).
All the parameters are customizable through the settings panel of your theme.
How can I hide a specific block or all of them?
The custom blocks are entirely optional. If you want to hide a specific block, select the corresponding option in the settings:
To hide all the custom blocks, uncheck the option in the Home page layout section of the theme settings:
Is it possible to add more custom blocks?
If you need more custom blocks, it requires additional customization of the theme. Please note that there is a limited number of custom blocks that can be added to a theme. It's because there is a limit on the number of settings that can be added to a theme.
How to change the custom block icon
Changing the icons for your custom blocks is fairly straightforward with our themes. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- In Guide, click the Customize design icon in the sidebar.
- Click Customize in your theme.
- Find and click the Custom Block section where you want to change your icon.
- Find Icon and either click the image itself or the Replace button below it.
- Navigate to the icon you want to use instead.
- After a few moments, the icon should automatically update.
- Click Save.
Check also our recommendations for images and icons.